CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Final Week Countdown

6 days!

It has been a productive week so far. I had a monstrous "to do" list for Monday and Tuesday and I got everything done!! I am feeling quite on-top of things as far as logistical preparation goes which is good because I don't have a lot of spare time between now and take-off. I am working tonight (Wed), tomorrow and Friday and I have a young adults leadership team planning retreat from Sun afternoon until Monday. I will finish up my packing Monday night and be airborne on Tuesday!

I still am not sure exactly what kind of work I will be doing while I am over there, but it sounds as though I will be working with a nurse practitioner who does OB/GYN consultations with an emphasis on HIV/AIDS screening in pregnant women. That will be at the Baptist Hospital in Ferke. I am not sure what my role will be at the dispensaries in Torogo but I am willing to do whatever would be considered helpful!

I have had some very sweet times in the Word and in prayer as I have been preparing for my time in Cote d'Ivoire. I spent a good deal of my week in Pennsylvania reflecting on my summer and thinking about the upcoming trip. I found it encouraging to notice ways that God has been working on my heart long before this trip was even on my mind. I have been praying that he would continue the transformative work that he has been doing in me and that I would continue to be broken as I have been so many times this summer so that I may come to know Him more fully as my Father, Healer, Redeemer, and Life.

I am also praying that this will be a time of clarity for me. I feel quite unsure about what direction I am heading as far as the long-term missions idea is concerned and I am praying that God will use this time to provide some further direction and guidance on how I might best be used to advance the gospel in this world.

0 comments: