CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Cote d'Ivoire Prep

Less than a month remains before I leave for Cote d'Ivoire (Lord willing!) and many details remain to be addressed! The biggest hurdle yet to be jumped is fund-raising. I planned on having my support letters sent out by the first week of August, but I ran into some obstacles that delayed the process. I got half of the letters sent out this morning and am ready to send out the second half as soon as I receive another pack of self-addressed envelopes from WorldVenture. Hopefully they will arrive in the mail on Monday! As time becomes short, I become even more aware that I would feel a lot more comfortable if all the funds had come in months ago (.....before I even knew I was going on the trip.....), but I am challenged to trust my powerful, faithful God who is able to move within the Church in ways beyond our understanding. I am also reminded that this trip is NOT something that can happen on my own power but, rather, as I act in obedience, God will accomplish His purposes in His perfect timing.

I hope to get many other details attended to this week. I worked 72 hours over the last 8 days which unfortunately means that the rest of life was put on hold temporarily. The good news is that now I am off until Friday! I am looking forward to having some time to get some things crossed off of my Cote d'Ivoire "to do" list. I do not have specific travel dates yet, but I am hoping to get those nailed down by the end of the week and may even have my airline ticket.

For now, please pray for my spiritual preparation as I get ready for the trip. Also pray that the funds would come in and that I would not be anxious about preparation as I face the reality of how quickly the trip is approaching!

Under His mercy,
Eva Joy : )

0 comments: