Hey folks...just wanted to let you all know it's official...I am and forever will be dominantly left handed. There is no hope for recovery, so don't even bother praying about it:) When people talk about nothing being impossible with God, they always ask questions like whether he can make a rock too heavy for himself to lift. I think the REAL question is whether or not he could ever give me right-handed coordination. I might have a few bruises on my ribs whenI get home from my classmates who so kindly remind me with their elbows that I am offending our hosts. I got quite a confused look from one of the neighbor girls last night when I reached to accept the coffee she was offering with my left hand. I would continue to practice eating with my right hand when I am just at home with the girls, but I find that when I do, I spend most of the day quite hungry....:)
Anyway, on to bigger and better things. I continue to enjoy this experience very much, and I am so grateful to be here. We visited the neighbors last night and I was absolutely blown away by their kindness and hospitality. So far everyone we have met is so incredibly warm and welcoming. We visited an evangelical church this morning and I found the service to be quite a blessing. I think my favorite part was the time of prayer...it was quite extended and very meaningful. The church here relies on prayer very much and I respect that a lot about them. We are going to a Filipino service this evening and then doing a home visit with one of the Filipino families. Their weekends over here are Thurs and Fri, and Fri is the day of worship. Our group was a little to old to attend Friday School at church this morning, but by the time we figured out that it was the Sunday School equivalent, we would have missed it anyway.
Please continue to pray that God's presence would be real to me, that his voice would be clear and that I would be sensitive to his whispers. The last 6-7 months have been difficult for me spiritually and I am hoping that this trip will be a time of refreshment and renewal for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for some kind of a temporary spiritual high, but rather a time away from the routine of life at home where I can be broken, reset some priorities, and return to my first love. I have already found great encouragment from the lives and testimonies of the people we have spent time with and I look forward to learning even more from them over the next few weeks.
I hope the new year is treating you all well and look forward to sharing even more about my experiences when I return home.
Love you all,
Eva Joy :)
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Well, it's official...
Posted by Eva Joy at 3:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment