Well, it is Sunday afternoon, and I have arrived home safely. I went to the airport on Sat morning to see if I could get on the flight out. There were still protesters blocking the road, so we had to walk a ways to get there, but we showed up and there were extra seats for Lisa and I, the news of which brought tears to my eyes. What an answer to prayer. Things didn't go quite as smoothly once I got to Miami. I won't go into the whole long drama that followed, I will just say that the airline made some mistakes, I had a fairly large emotional breakdown in the middle of an airport terminal (not one of my proudest moments in life), and I spent the night in a hotel in Miami. I got on a flight through Chicago this morning and landed in good ole MN shortly after noon. My bags had made it home last night, so by the time I got down to baggage, Ang had tracked them down for me and was standing there waiting. The only thing missing was that little sign with my name on it. I just kept walking with my carry-ons while she lugged my two big suitcases out to the car and loaded them up. At this point, I wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to tip her. I figured I'd wait and see if the trip FROM the airport was any speedier than the4 hour trip it took to get TO the airport, and go from there. I called my parents once I got in the car and told them that as long as Ang didn't strike or stop driving because the weather was too bad, I should be in LP before the day was over! And here I am, safe and sound, only a little over 60 hours after I was originally supposed to leave Bolivia. I'm heading down to school tomorrow (Monday) morning and will be there until Wednesday. I'll be back in LP until Sat morning and then will be headed back down to the cities for good. I would love to get together with people to hear about what's been going on the last few weeks, and I am planning on printing out some picutres at Target on Mon after chapel, so by Mon afternoon people can see those if they want (I have them on my digital to look at now, too, they are just really small). If I don't run into you anywhere and you want to get together, give me a call. My cell is 320.491.8599. Thank you all so much for praying for my team and me while we were away. For those of you who received my original support letter, I will be sending out a little summary letter sometime in the next few weeks, since some of those people didn't get the emails. If you are on this email list and didn't originally get a hard-copy letter, let me know if you want a summary one and I will add you to the list. That's all for now. I think I'll go stick another load of laundry in and sleep for about 20 hours. Wow, that sounds so good right now.
I love you all dearly.
Eva Joy :)
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Home Sweet Home
Posted by Eva Joy at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment